What is an Internship?
An “internship” is an opportunity offered by Northcross to potential pastors and other ministry workers called “interns”, to serve for a fixed, limited period of time.
Interns are usually tertiary students and most internships last for 6 months, 12 months, or a maximum of 3 years if a Bachelor of Ministries.
What do interns offer the church?
- Ministry support
- Diverse skills, talents and abilities
- Pathways Interns: 15 (1st year) 18 hours (2nd year) hours per week
- Laidlaw Interns: 8-10 hours per week
- Carey Interns: Course depending
What do we expect from interns?
- Interns must be involved in spiritual growth themselves (outside of academic study) i.e. attend a church service each week and be part of a small group.
- Attend set ministry meetings and events
- Be available for required mentoring
- Complete a weekly timesheet
- Serve in at least one main ministry
- They have been baptised, or are prepared to be baptised, prior to commencing their internship.
I became"because last year I had this radical encounter with Jesus while I was doing a gap year programme called Headspace. We got the opportunity to work with some youth and this is when I realised and found I had a huge passion for young people and seeing them live for Jesus. Then I found out about Pathways College and liked the idea of 15 hours study and 15 hours ministry and getting to apply what you learn. Soon after contact with Pathways I asked them about cool churches, they recommended Northcross and few other churches around. I got in contact with Han and now here I am! I’ve had an amazing year and would highly recommend it to anyone considering interning!"
an intern here at