Who we are:
Northcross Church is a fully independent and autonomous local church. But we are not isolationist. The church has its roots in two families of churches, representing two streams of non-conformist tradition: the Christian (Open) Brethren and the Baptist. The church affirms and maintains continuing links of fellowship with these families, particularly through those organs that facilitate training and ministry and fellowship in the cause of the Gospel. The church will also cooperate and fellowship with other local churches of other denominations in the immediate area, in such activities as advance the glory of God.
- In one God eternally existing in three persons; Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
- That the Lord Jesus Christ, himself truly God, became fully human, being born of the virgin Mary, and lived a sinless life He died for our sins, was buried, rose again on the third day, and is now exalted at the right hand of God the Father.
- That everyone is a sinner before God and subject to God’s judgment.
- That as a result of Jesus’ death we can be reconciled to God through His grace and saved from the punishment we deserve.
- That the Holy Spirit lives in all believers , marking them as God’s people, and giving them varied gifts and abilities to be able to serve God and one another.
- That the scriptures of the Old and New Testament in their entirety are inspired by God, fully trustworthy and the final authority in faith and life.
- That Jesus is coming again to judge the world, to complete our salvation, and to rule as king for ever.
Our two major distinctives are:
- A focus on Bible Teaching based on an orthodox evangelical view of Holy Scriptures.
- A friendly inclusive fellowship seeking to promote a sense of harmony and commonality of purpose in worshipping God and service towards each other and the community.
Our core values:
- We value the Bible. We are a church that teaches from the Bible through faithful scholarship and in a way that is practical, engaging and applicable to our daily lives.
- We value godly leadership, setting an example in personal relationship with God. We encourage each member to actively walk with God, in personal prayer, and Bible study, and to share together a lifestyle of enthusiastic worship and fervent prayer.
- We value relationship and participation. Everyone is encouraged to be involved in church, in home groups and to discover an area of involvement for themselves. In this way everyone will grow as disciples of Jesus and the church will develop towards maturity.
- We value growth and outreach. We will actively share the good news about Jesus to those around us. We will be God’s people, bringing His light into the homes, workplaces and institutions of our society and serving the needs of all generations and cultures in our community. We will also take the good news about Jesus and the practical results of the love of God to the rest of the world.